I made myself recut some fabric and wash it again today. I couldn't face the battle with the tumble dryer so said fabric is still hanging over the door drying. This probably isn't the best method in the world but at least I am getting into the habit of prewashing material and the having to pace this new hobby.
The sizing is confusing me somewhat. According to the pattern envelope I am a size 6 bust size and size 12 waist and hips, or something rather abstract like that. I am fairly sure I am not that out of proportion but it has made me somewhat paranoid. It took a lot to muster the courage to look at those inches on the tape measure and now I feel even more like a freak.
Anyway...
Originally I cut the size 8 but this looks way too bulky on me. I am now debating a size 4 or a size 6 (guessing these are US sizes rather than UK sizes doh!), or maybe a combination of the two. Looking at the finished garment measurements I should squeeze into the size 4 but I'm not so sure that I will be able to breathe. A size 6 looks like it wont be any more flattering than store bought clothes tho. Hmmmm the dilema.
Maybe I'll just make the 4 and use it to motivate me into my diet. I have extra (unproportionate/inproportionate?) inches hanging around that I really should shift.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment